Wednesday, March 20, 2013

From Laid Off to Taking Off at WorldVentures



WorldVentures Congratulates Karen Goins


WorldVentures Co-Founders Wayne Nugent and MikeAzcue would like to congratulate Karen Goins on her promotion to Senior Representative.  Here are a few words from Karen about her journey to Senior Representative.

On December 7, 2012, Karen Goins was a victim of a company lay off, forcing her departure after 14 years of service. Though the news would be devastating to anyone, Karen, a new Senior Representative with WorldVentures, used her misfortune as momentum to grow in other areas.

“That was the triggering event for me to hit the ground running and build this business,” she says. “I am a single mom with two sons and I want to build this business so that time and money will no longer dictate our lives.”

Before being laid off, Karen worked as many as 70 hours a week in software sales and, understandably, loved to travel when she had the opportunity. After joining WorldVentures with the intention to only save on vacations, she calls her decision to invest in the business for an additional $100, a “no-brainer.”

“I started going to the training events and realized I could one day replace my income,” she says. “I wanted to be able to spend more time with my boys and buy some of my time back.”
To help direct her focus, Karen believes strongly in attending WorldVentures training events and taking time to invest in the one person most people tend to neglect.

“The best investment you can make is in yourself,” she implores.  “I read 10 pages a day in a self-development book and spend 15 minutes a day listening to a self-development CD. You have to surround yourself with successful people and not let anyone steal your dreams!”

WorldVentures has already made a huge impact on Karen’s life and she continues to look forward to what the future brings and the legacy she will leave to her sons.

“I believe that if we continue to follow our leaders and plug into the training system, there is no limit to the amount of time and freedom we can create for ourselves and others,” she says. “I want to be able to give my children the best gifts in life that money cannot buy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment